Air Purifiers for the Bedroom
Did you know the poor air quality in your bedroom could be causing your sleepless nights? While poor lifestyle and work stress are common factors, air quality is becoming a trend in urban areas. The good news is there’s something you can do to improve the air quality in your bedroom.
When shopping for a bedroom air purifier, it is recommended to keep your bedroom size in mind, and the range of square footage the air purifier can clean.
Continue reading to find out more details about air purifiers and which one is best for the bedroom.
Do air purifiers help you sleep better?
According to a study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, more than a third of adults in the United States are not getting enough sleep.
Furthermore, according to the American Psychological Association (APA), 60% of adults report having sleep problems a few nights per week.
An air purifier helps create a healthy sleep environment by trapping all airborne irritants in the bedroom. Air purifiers that feature a HEPA filter are designed to purify the air and prevent allergy symptoms.
Choosing an Air Purifier For Your Bedroom
Choosing the right size air purifier for your bedroom is essential to producing clean air quality. The average bedroom size in America is between 132 square feet in an apartment and 219 square feet in a house. Most air purifiers would be capable of covering this area, but you also need to consider other furniture in the room, such as a table, lamp, bed, curtains, and wardrobe. You will need an air purifier that produces a higher airflow to balance the in-room obstruction. Air purifiers that use HEPA filters with 99.97% filtration efficiency on particles as tiny as 0.3 microns are ideal for bedrooms.
Where is the best place to put an air purifier in the bedroom?
The best place to put an air purifier in the bedroom is next to your bed or close to the corner with 1 to 2 feet of space between the purifier and the wall. This location effectively protects you from incoming pet dander, mold, dust, and germs.
Many consumers place the air purifier in the center of their bedroom for the maximum filtration. Good AirX recommends placing bedroom air purifiers about 6 to 10 feet away from your bed. It is also recommended that you keep your bedroom air purifier running all night.
Should the air purifier be on at night?
Airborne contaminants are all around you without you realizing it, which means the purifier should be on 24 hours per day 7 days a week. The 24 hours of air purification maintains a healthy environment and prevents disruption of sleep in those who suffer from allergies.
Benefits of Sleep
Good quality sleep is equally as important as a healthy diet and exercise. When you sleep between 6 to 8 hours regularly, you will experience the following benefits.
- Improved immune system
- Maintain a healthy body weight
- Lower blood pressure
- Lower cholesterol
- Lower risk of heart disease, stroke, and diabetes
- Quick recovery from injuries
- Improved mood
- Less tension and stress
- Reduced risk of developing cancer and tumors
- Relief from depression
How to Improve Air Quality in the Bedroom
- Invest in an air purifier that has a HEPA filter.
- Open doors and windows to welcome outdoor air and keep your room well-ventilated.
- Provide regular maintenance for your HVAC and air conditioner.
- Vacuum carpets, rugs, curtains, furniture, and other surfaces that collect dust.
- Place plants that act as natural air filters such as bamboo palm, snake plant, and English ivy.
- Wash clothing, bedsheets, and furniture covers frequently.
- Use essential oils, salt lamps, and candles made from beeswax because they naturally release negative ions that lower the amount of airborne pollutants in the bedroom.
How to Choose the Best Air Purifier for Your Bedroom
Choosing an air purifier for your bedroom is easier than you think. The following tips will lead you to the best one to suit your needs.
- Invest in a high-quality air purifier – Generally, bedroom air purifiers cost between $600 to $900
- Air filters range in price from $150 to $500. Most air purifier models require an annual filter change that usually costs less than $100.
- Consider the size of your bedroom – Most bedrooms in U.S. households are 132 to 219 square feet. Investing in an air purifier that covers 200 square feet or more is ideal for the bedroom area.
- Choose an air purifier with a HEPA filter – Certified HEPA filters capture bacteria and other irritants successfully and are known to supply consistently clean air.
- Use carbon filters – If you smoke indoors or have an odor in your room, a carbon filter naturally deodorizes the environment and helps the air smell clean.
- Choose a quiet model – If you are sensitive to noise when you sleep, choose an air purifier model that has a low fan noise.
If you are in the market for an air purifier for your bedroom, Austin Air Bedroom Machine are specifically designed for the bedroom and is the most comprehensive unit designed to help people with sleep related problems.
Placing a high quality and effective air purifier in your bedroom will help create a healthy environment, support a strong immune system, and encourage you to get a good night's sleep. Start breathing in the fresh air and sleeping better today with any of our high-quality air purifiers!